Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    Hello Folks,

    Please bear with me regarding my inquiries.

    I want to build a DIY cabs, for 604's, with a 9 cubic feet volume (15552 inch3) as an outline as per 620 plans. My rough dimensions are 43 inches x 26 inches x 14 inches (H x W x T) at 15288 inch3 estimated. I can increase the height a bit to compensate for the volume that the braces will take later on.

    If I want to have a rectangular port tuned at say 40 Hz., what would be the dimensions? Can someone show me the formula use for computations? If I want to have a circular port instead, can I use the area of the rectangular port transpose to the area of the circular opening required?

    Lastly, will this cabinet work for 604's? Any other things I need to consider?

    Also, a member posted this cabs here before.

    http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg509/...=640&ysize=480
    http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg242/...jpg&xsize=640&

    Where can I get the plans for this? How can I post a link or an image here?

    Thank you very much in advance to those who will respond.

    regards,

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member notloudenough's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2008
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    I think those are Drummerwills. I don't know if that's his log in name or not.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    Hi guys
    I couldn't see the images in the post but, if they are my pics. My Birch cabinets are
    44"X19"X24" ( Height, Width, Depth).



    link: The AudioCircle Gallery - Altec 604-8K's/Baltic Birch Cab 4

    Have fun!
    Willie
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerwill View Post
    Hi guys
    I couldn't see the images in the post but, if they are my pics. My Birch cabinets are
    44"X19"X24" ( Height, Width, Depth).



    link: The AudioCircle Gallery - Altec 604-8K's/Baltic Birch Cab 4

    Have fun!
    Willie
    Thanks Willie! How high is the center of the driver to the floor? Also, what is the port size?

    regards,

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    Driver center at 32" from cabinet bottom
    Vent 11"X2" and 4" from cab floor.
    Thats it!

    Have fun!
    Willie
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another "Cabs Computation" Q's For the 604's

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerwill View Post
    Driver center at 32" from cabinet bottom
    Vent 11"X2" and 4" from cab floor.
    Thats it!

    Have fun!
    Willie
    Thanks a bunch Willie! I wish I was able to attend the "Altec tasting" you hosted before. I really appereciate the infos.

    regards,

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.